SkinPen® for Facial Acne Scars
Acne scars tell the story of a difficult time in the life of your skin. They usually result from blemishes that become inflamed. Sometimes pores are damaged deep within skin, which can lead to lesions. When skin attempts to repair itself, it may result in raised tissue, and uneven texture on the surface. Other times there is a loss of tissue, which leaves skin’s surface rough and uneven.
If you are dealing with facial acne scars, you’re not alone. According to The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, 80% of people ages 11-30 have acne problems and scarring. Seeing acne scars every time you look in the mirror can leave you feeling less confident. But there is something you can do about it. SkinPen can improve the look of facial acne scars, for smooth, healthy skin that glows from within. As the first FDA-cleared microneedling treatment, SkinPen is the trusted choice of leading dermatologists and estheticians and recommended by 90% of clinical trial patients. Younger, firmer, and more radiant skin awaits!
SkinPen is the first FDA-cleared
microneedling treatment and is:
- Clinically tested and proven
- Backed by an unparalleled commitment to safety and efficacy
- Performed by leading dermatologists and aestheticians
- Convenient, requiring little to no downtime
- Simple, with results in just in as few as three 30 minute sessions
- Designed to work without chemicals, heat or stress
- Engineered and made in the USA
The Proof is in the Pen
SkinPen gives your skin the reset that it needs. Not only is SkinPen the first FDA-cleared microneedling device, but it’s also made in the USA – which means it’s rigorously tested for safety. Experience radiant results in as little as three treatment sessions!
Time For Transformation
What to Know About Treating Facial Acne Scars with SkinPen
This entire SkinPen treatment typically takes 30 minutes to complete, but this time may vary based on your specific needs. It’s all done in a matter of a few simple steps.
1. Your provider gently cleanses your skin.
2. If you opt for it, a topical anesthesia is applied to minimize discomfort.
3. Lift hydrogel is applied to your face, to help SkinPen glide smoothly across your skin.
4. SkinPen creates millions of controlled microchannels to target natural collagen and promote your body’s natural healing process.
5. After your treatment you may notice some redness or inflammation, which is totally normal and should subside within 24 hours to 72 hours.
Treating facial acne scars is simple. First, your face is cleansed and gently massaged. After, topical anesthesia may be applied to keep you comfortable. Once your skin is ready, lift hydrogel is applied to your facial acne scars can be visibly reduced in as few as three sessions spaced 30 days apart. Your provider will determine your personal treatment schedule based on your unique needs. But most patients see improvement in their skin in the first month after their first treatment! In clinical trials, skin has been shown to improve for up to six months after a SkinPen treatment.