Five reasons SkinPen may be right for you
Micro-needling is a skin rejuvenation procedure that helps to improve your skin’s appearance by stimulating its natural ability to produce collagen and repair itself. The Bellus SkinPen micro-needling device offers five features that make this non-invasive but effective procedure the right choice for problem skin.
1. Natural. SkinPen is a micro-needling tool that uses sharp needles to create tiny holes in your skin. In response to these micro-injuries, your body produces collagen and elastin to heal the wound naturally. SkinPen doesn’t use chemicals, heat or toxins to burn or remove layers of your skin or paralyze your facial muscles.
2. Safe and relatively comfortable. There are minimal side effects and downtime following a SkinPen procedure. Slight swelling and redness/pinkness in the area (like that from a mild sunburn) usually last only two to four days, so you can return to work or social activities quickly. SkinPen has minimal risk of scarring or infections. Your SkinPen provider will usually apply a topical anesthetic before the procedure, making you comfortable.
3. Versatile. SkinPen can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks and acne scars. SkinPen can be used on many different body parts, including face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. SkinPen needles adjust to different lengths, allowing your SkinPen provider to customize your procedure based on skin’s thickness and your specific needs.
4. Effective for all skin types. Because SkinPen doesn’t affect the epidermis (where the skin pigment resides), it can be used on all skin types. Using Skinfuse skincare products in the Post Procedure Kit can further optimize the results from your procedure. Skinfuse products are specifically designed to give your skin the nutrients it needs at the right time.
5. Cost-effective. The features listed above make SkinPen a cost-effective choice to other skin procedures such as chemical peels, laser resurfacing or Botox. For a comparison of SkinPen to these other skin procedure options, read our blog Why CIT trumps other skin rejuvenation procedures.