Patients in Canada, the UK, Australia, and New Zealand love SkinPen. Read on to find out why.
HOW MICRONEEDLING WORKS
The SkinPen Precision system is the only Class II, FDA cleared microneedling device legally marketing in the U.S.
The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.3
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
Phase I: Inflammation
Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow, and begin to create new tissue.
Phase II: Proliferation
The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodeling
The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or ‘shrink wrap’ effect on the skin.
Microneedling is your new best friend when it comes to combatting the appearance of facial acne scars. Ask for SkinPen® by name to get the impressive results demonstrated by our clinical study and the safety of the only FDA-cleared device available.2
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your physician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take 30 minutes to one hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
Imagine results with no significant downtime. Here’s an actual SkinPen patient captured in unretouched pictures over 72 hours. (Patient age: 34. These results will vary by individual.)